Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ready Or Not...Here We Come???

It's been awhile since I've posted. I'd like to write more but I've been a little busy. We are embarking on a move out to Nevada. Someday I'll blog about that decision and the events that are making that possible.

(Did I mention this was the prettiest spot in the whole world?)



This past Sunday evening I hauled my excavator out to Starr Valley to put in our sewer line and septic system, water line and power conduit. I was planning on returning home Wednesday evening. That time line didn't quite work out. I got home about 3:30 am today.

(This is where we'll setup our camp.)
It was quite the adventure. I had a couple of breakdowns and delays and changes of plans, but all in all I was reminded time after time why it is we're moving out there. It was wonderful to have the support and help of willing and able individuals most of whom were family. From amazing meals to picking up parts at the Home Depot or getting a tire fixed or repairing a hydrualic ram that came apart to back filling a trench in the pouring rain by hand the outpouring of help and support was nothing short of overwhelming.



(Here's our well head and future site of our power pole.)

We have so much to do before we get out there. I would say in terms of the ready part....we're not so much ready.......but here we come!!!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

That is indeed a beautiful spot. I wish I was there to lend a hand. I'm wickedly clever with packing boxes.

I love you all!